Streamyard is a popular browser-based software for live streaming and when combined with the virtual cam of Ecamm Live you get added functionality for your show.
Have you ever gone live on YouTube, Facebook, Periscope or even streamed live on Twitch? Well, for me live streaming is almost like a hobby.
When people ask me: "What do you live stream about"?
Live Streaming Apps
There are tons of applications out there to accommodate live streams and your choice of tools are totally dependent on the goals you have for your streams.
For example, I like to stream to build a strong connection to my audience. People come to my streams because they can count on me to share engaging, interactive content that inspires them to connect with each other and have fun. The chat can be fast paced at times, but they know that I will do my best to acknowledge every comment and display them on screens if time permits.
In this video watch as I demonstrate how these 2 are the perfect combination for an engaging interactive live broadcast.
During this stream I was joined by Beauty Bubble who is also a huge fan of Streamyard. She shares a lot of her own experience with various apps and asks a lot of questions about Ecamm Live.
In case you are wondering why I need to have 2 tools for a live stream (I sound like a spoiled digital brat) and here's why. Streamyard has the option to multi-stream to multiple locations which Ecamm Live doesn't offer at the moment (although they are working on this). Here are a few other features I love about using Ecamm Live.
Ecamm Live Virtual Cam
With the virtual cam of Ecamm Live you can enhance your Streamyard live show with:
- Zoom and Pan your webcam or DSLR cam
- Streamlabs/Streamelements alerts for SuperChats, Twitch bits and new followers
- Streamlabs chat widgets allow multiple comments to remain on screen
- Customizable banners, overlays and comment boxes
- Video backgrounds for your green screen
- Zoom in and out on your screen share
- Resize your screen share
- PIP - with multiple shapes and with green screen backgrounds
- Reposition and resize PIP on the fly (anywhere on screen)
- Transitions when switching scenes
- Countdown timers
- Play long videos (without audio)
- Drag and drop overlays on screen
- Enhanced tickers and banners
There are other tools that I like to have in my live streaming arsenal, like the Elgato Streamdeck XL, the Logitech BRIO webcam, the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and the Shure MV7 mic. You can find all those tools and more in my Live Streamers Kit
The Streamyard - Ecamm Live combination gives you a professional looking stream with all the extra functionality you need to engage your community and have an interactive broadcast!